Eventually as an Internet Marketer, there comes a time when you want to expand upon your credibility and build your business. To do this, it often means that you must create and market your own information product. This can be video courses, eBooks, membership sites, software, etc.
To sell the product, you typically require:
- A squeeze page to capture the email addresses of prospects.
- a sales page to actually sell your solution to your prospects.
- A launch funnel system to maximise buzz.
- A membership site to provide tutorials, support and other digital products or services.
- The ability to write blog posts to funnel your standard blog visitors through your funnel.
- Integration with membership scripts, autoresponder services and merchant accounts.
This requirement can bring about a series of highly technical challenges such as writing HTML and CSS code to create sales pages, the creation of fancy graphics for your sales pages and assembling it in a slick system that moves prospects through your sales funnel efficiently whether they decide to purchase, not purchase, opt in for further communications or not opt in.
Enter the Solutions
There are two main solutions which are both very affordable to the start-up and intermediate marketers. Both solutions have distinct advantages and disadvantages and roughly solve the same problem.
The first of our solutions is a premium WordPress theme called OptimizePress which is developed by James Dyson and his team. OptimizePress promises to enable the user to create stunning squeeze pages that actually convert. James and his team spend hours on creating and testing different squeeze pages and sales pages to uncover what works and what doesn’t. They then liaise with the development team to create those designs and include them as part of the solution within the theme.
OptimizePress enables you to create:
- Squeeze pages with a series of templates. These are highly customisable and can be standard squeeze pages, video squeeze pages, fake video squeeze pages. Every element of the design is customisable.
- Sales pages with a series of templates which are again highly customisable.
- Membership site pages. The theme enables you to build a complete membership site using the options within the theme. It integrates very easily with the top membership scripts such as WishList Member or Digital Access Pass.
- Launch funnel pages which enables you to drip feed content to your audience in a timely fashion like you’ve probably seen the gurus do when they launch products. Some of the top american gurus such as Frank Kern, Ryan Deiss and Andy Jenkins often use a system such as Kajabi which is very similar to OptimizePress.
One of the big benefits of Optimize Press is the amazing customer service and support membership they which includes an active forum with many experienced people on hand to answer your questions.
#2 Profits Theme
The next solution on offer is another premium WordPress theme called Profits Theme which is developed by Welly Mulia and his team. Profits Theme enables the user to create web pages such as Squeeze pages, sales pages, membership pages and even blog pages with relative ease.
The real benefit of Profits Theme over Optimize Press is that it uses drag and drop technology to arrange the layout of your pages how you want them. This makes it really easy for even the most technically challenged of marketers.
Profits Theme enables you to:
- Create squeeze pages by dragging and dropping page elements into position.
- Create sales pages by dragging and dropping.
- Create blog pages with advertising blocks, opt in areas and footer widgets.
- Create membership pages which integrates with the top membership scripts such as Wishlist Member and Digital Access Pass.
So, which is the better. Well, they will both be a $97 investment, so the decision is based upon what you’re trying to achieve.
I own both of these themes and have had a lot of experience in using them and dealing with their respective customer service forums. Here are my findings.
Creation of Squeeze Pages
Optimize Press produces the better quality squeeze page but it is easier and faster to create a good looking squeeze page using Profits Theme.
Winner = Profits Theme
Creation of Sales Pages
OptimizePress produces the better quality sales pages with the shortcodes and graphics looking much better than those supplied by Profits Theme.
Winner = OptimizePress
Creation of Membership Sites
Optimize Press produces a better looking membership site and easily integrates with the main membership scripts. The membership pages are 710 pixels wide which is wide enough for the majority of users to fit good sized videos in. The shortcodes enables you to create great looking graphical elements within your membership pages.
Winner = OptimizePress
Creation of Blog Posts
Profits Theme is still a much better theme for creating standard blog posts as OptimizePress was not originally developed as a standard WordPress theme. However, since Profits Theme came to the attention of the OptimizePress team, they have now applied a lot of focus into making it a standard WordPress blog theme too. The race is now on for these themes to become the first all in one WordPress theme.
If I was honest, I would suggest using neither of these themes as your standard WordPress blog theme. I would suggest using WooThemes and selecting a theme of your choice from their amazing collection.
Winner = Profits Theme
My overall recommendation is OptimizePress. It is still the leading theme for the creation of squeeze pages, sales pages, launch funnels and membership sites. I do prefer the drag and drop functionality of Profits Theme for building quick squeeze pages but since I have to choose one or the other as you cannot have more than one WordPress theme on a single WordPress installation, I have opted to use OptimizePress.
Tell us all what you think!? Have you had any experience with these themes? Do you know any alternatives that have not been spoken about?
To Your Online Success,
The Profit Share
The mutt's nuts or the dog's drivel? I double dare you to leave a comment! :-)