Guess who? Ok, that sounded a bit creepy. Either way, here I am with another part to my guide on how to get more fans on facebook.
Method Four – Facebook Ads
This is another paid method of building fans that I’ve used and that has proven effective, especially when you’re starting out.
The good thing with this is that it is very targeted, relatively inexpensive and not necessarily a long-term solution, as the page will ‘go viral’ past a certain number of fans.
Using Facebook ads is pretty simple and this FB Ads fan page will actually give you a lot of good free information about how to go about using them.
The things to remember are the same things to remember if you’re using any kind of ad platform (like Google AdWords or the ads on other search engines):
- Make sure your ads have an attractive photo. If it’s for a celebrity, use a sexy headshot of that celebrity. If it’s for a niche or business, use something that clearly illustrates the point of the page and what people can expect from being a member of that Fan Page. Oh and in terms of the pictures, it turns out that boobs sell! Who knew? ;) If you want proof then check out this awesome guide to Facebook Ads by Shoemoney.
- You can ‘cheat’ a little (although not sure for how much longer) by using a picture with text in it. This increases the amount of text you can use in the ad and is good for extra info on the main USP (unique selling point) of your page/business.
- In your text, include something that will capture people’s attention. Again, see what others are doing that works and try and improve on it. You don’t need to re-invent the wheel. You have limited space so be punchy and get to the point.
- Obviously, don’t include anything that’s likely to get your ad disapproved like nude images or claims about income. Not only will you get rejected nine times out of ten, but it doesn’t really do you any favours on the credibility front.
- Make sure you target your ads very specifically to the age group and demographics of your target market. If it’s aimed at Mum’s under 40 who like America’s Next Top Model, then target them.
Your budget doesn’t need to be huge to start out using Facebook advertising. The minimum daily spend at the time of writing is just £1 or $1.
It’s a great way of building your page quickly to get the URL you want and then to get the first few hundred followers. I currently set my targeted campaigns to run for one week and set the budget at just £2 per day. This means I only spend £14 total for a new page in that time and that gets me quickly to having a small community that I can now leverage and grow. Needless to say, the more my pages make me, the more I will increase this as I experiment more with FB Ads.
This short article is actually an extract from my full article on how to get more fans on Facebook. In the full version, you’ll discover 7 ways to increase facebook fans that you can start applying right now to your Facebook pages.
To get access for free (no opt-in or anything), simply click how to get more fans on Facebook and you’ll be taken straight to the full version. Take action now and start building your Facebook business now.