Eventually as an Internet Marketer, there comes a time when you want to build your business quickly.
To do this, it often means that you must create and market your products and services to an email subscriber list held with a service such as Aweber.
The challenge comes in building a big enough list of qualified prospects.
To build a list of qualified prospects, you typically require:
- An email autoresponder service.
- A relevant and valuable offer to make to your prospects.
- An effective means of presenting your offer.
- Traffic to your offer.
Visitors do not like to land on low quality pages with no content on them and Google definitely does not like this and can penalise the domain that does not provide content to it’s readers.
In terms of paid traffic, Google will give a squeeze page a low quality score, therefore the cost per click (CPC) will be high.
For organic (free Google traffic), Google will penalise the page because the visitor will ‘bounce’ from the page frequently which will be fed back to Google as a negative vote for the content. Of course, you can “noindex” the page as a means of getting around this.
An exit script for a web page can cost a lot of money from web developers to create and you will struggle to customise them unless you’re into CSS, HTML and all that sort of fun stuff. :-)
When I first started The Profit Share, I started out with a few static HTML web pages and looked for a script that could be used for when people exited the page. I soon realised that this wasn’t a scalable solution and moved over to using WordPress as my blogging and content management system platform.
There is a definite need to ramp up your list building so you can get the sort of numbers on your list that will enable you to build a business online with a full time income coming from it. Let’s have a look at the two heavyweights fighting it out to become one of the best premium WordPress plugins on the market for building your list from your existing blog content.
Enter the Solutions
There are two main solutions which are both very affordable to the start-up and intermediate marketers. Both solutions have distinct advantages and disadvantages and roughly solve the same problem.
#1 WP Subscribers
The first of our heavyweights is a premium WordPress plugin called WP Subscribers which is developed by a Japanese plugin marketer called Jenny R.
Jenny has clearly put a lot of thought and research into what marketers want from a premium list building plugin because the list of features is massively impressive, especially when you consider the very low price tag on such a product.
WP Subscribers enables:
- An unlimited number of highly customisable opt in forms.
- Popup boxes using any other web page (using iFrames). The options here are endless. You could create an opt in through OptimizePress or Profits Theme and present it through a popup (like I have on my blog)
- Every element of the design can be customised.
- Integration with any opt in email autoresponder service
- Opt in forms in the header of your site.
- Opt in forms in the footer of your site.
- Opt in forms in any post you want.
- The use of the built-in analytics feature to determine where most of your subscribers are coming from.
- Blog commenters to immediately and effortlessly subscribe to your list. Comment on my blog and see what happens.
- A very innovative viral list building system whereby you can issue referral points to current subscribers to incentivise them to invite their friends and contacts to join your list.
The massive benefit of using WP Subscribers to build your list is that you become a multi-dimensional list builder. You’re no longer reliant upon just a squeeze page or just a pop up opt in box.
#2 Popup Domination
The next solution on offer is Popup Domination. This premium plugin is developed by Deer Digital and marketed by a young UK blogging entrepreneur called Michael Dunlop. I used Popup Domination for a long time on my blog and had fantastic results with it. It was responsible for increasing my opt ins by over 400% within a matter of just days after installing it. Quite honestly, I had been throwing away traffic by not capturing it using a popup box.
Since Popup Domination has been in the market longer than WP Subscribers, their marketing and popup designs are slicker which might appeal to the population that want to set it up effortlessly without putting in any customised design work. On the contrary, the designs are seen all over the Internet due to their popularity, especially in the make money online/Internet Marketing niche.
Popup Domination enables you to:
- Use well tested high converting designs that increase the perceived value of your site.
- Create opt in forms by simply filling in the fields within the plugin.
- Have video squeeze pages using one of the new popup designs.
- Create popups on standalone sites as there is a version for sites that are still using static HTML.
- Choose which pages popups should appear.
- Choose when popups should appear.
Historically, many marketers have used Popup Domination and can vouch for its quality for gaining a list of subscribers and capturing the traffic that you’ve spent a lot of time and possibly money in driving to your site.
In my opinion, for anyone wanting to get it set as quickly as possible with just a popup opt in on arrival or exit should use Popup Domination. Their designs are slightly better looking and their interface fractionally more intuitive.
For anyone who wants to bring their list building into the multi-dimensional realm and doesn’t mind customising their forms a little to give them a unique look should use WP Subscribers.
I personally am using WP Subscribers for my blog at the moment. You may have seen the pop up box when arriving at the site. The popup box I’m currently using was an iFrame of a web page which I created with OptimizePress on another one of my domains.
I am also using the subscribe upon commenting option to assist with people commenting on my blog to become a member of The Profit Share. Loving the leverage that it’s creating in my business right now!
I’m loving WP Subscribers right now and I reckon that once you see what it can do for your business, you’ll love it too. ;-)
Check it out here:
To Your Online Success,
The Profit Share
The mutt's nuts or the dog's drivel? I double dare you to leave a comment! :-)